Crafting effective sales questions means creating a dialogue that uncovers in-depth insights into a lead’s needs and intentions. To do this, questions should be:
- Specific to gather detailed information.
- Open-ended to encourage elaborate answers.
- Centered on ‘why’ and ‘how’ to uncover motivations.
- Balanced to maintain a conversational tone.
- Prioritized to focus on the most crucial information.
- Relevant to the lead’s stage in the customer journey.
- Designed to encourage storytelling for richer context.
- Adaptive to lead responses for a natural flow.
This approach ensures that you gather the critical information needed to qualify the lead effectively while maintaining an engaging and consultative conversation.